Monday, March 31, 2014

22 Weeks = 6 Months

How far along? 22 weeks = 6 months
Best moment this week: CJ and I visited our first day care center this past week. We visited ‘Your Place to Grow’ in North Cape on Hwy 45 which is conveniently located on my way to work. We met with one of the directors/teachers who gave us a tour of the facility and explained their different programs such as the infant, toddler and 3-5 classrooms. Your Place to Grow is a small daycare but the teacher seemed nice and I think they would accommodate our needs well. We are planning to visit at least 1-2 more places before our final decision. My mom and I also started painting Parker’s room! We would have finished the room if we hadn’t run out of paint during our second coat on the final wall! Looks like I will be making a trip to Menards to pick up a spare quart so we can finish the final wall and the edging. CJ and I also visited with his cousin Katie and her 1 month old daughter, Peyton! Holding Peyton makes me soo excited for Parker!
Symptoms: Sciatic pain in my lower back and pelvic pressure = both are very uncomfortable
New baby items (purchased or received):  Grandma & Grandpa TT bought CJ and I a Magic Bullet for our 4th anniversary (modern gift for 4 years). I am also going to say that this is a new baby item, as I want to try to make baby food using this machine. From what I have heard it is fairly easy to make your own baby food. Basically you would take fresh or frozen veggies, boil, mash, freeze in ice cube trays, and then store in a freezer safe container until ready to use. Once baby is ready to eat you take a cube of food and microwave it until ready to serve. It sounds pretty easy and it’s much more cost effective to make it vs buying jars of food.Parker was also given his first Brewer outfit! (Thank you again to Rob and Tracy!) As long as he is not super little, we should still be able to have him fit into the onesie for this baseball season!
This week baby is the size of: Spaghetti Squash
Baby’s development this week:  Lips, eyelids and eyebrows are more distinct now. Eyes have formed but the irises sill lack pigment. Tiny tooth buds are even developing under his gums.  He should measure to about 11 inches and weigh about 1 pound <- He’s getting big!

This past week has been pretty crazy around the Torosian household!
Monday was CJ’s 27th birthday. For his birthday I made him dinner, bought a mini cake, and then went with him to bowling.
Tuesday night we watched 2 episodes of the Homeland season (2).
Wednesday we learned that my uncle (mom’s brother) lost his battle with melanoma and passed away at the young age of 58.
Thursday night CJ and I viewed our first day care center and stopped over by his cousin Katie to visit with her and her daughter, Peyton.
Friday morning I dropped CJ off so he could leave for his Nationals Tournament in Reno, NV.  Friday night, I was able to leave work early to attend my uncle’s funeral. Once I was home from the funeral I started painting in Parker’s room. A little while later my brother dropped off his chocolate lab, Moose, for me to watch while they went away for a weekend for a wrestling tournament.
At 6:30am on Saturday, Moose and Lacey were wide awake and ready for the day, which meant that I too had to get up and share their excitement of being up so early on a Saturday! I did a few things around the house, then headed back to the funeral home for one last goodbye and a mass for my uncle. As soon as mass was over I had to head straight to Party Animals (monthly fun bowling tournament). After taking 2nd place in Party Animals I came home to continue on with painting and spending time with 2 never ending energetic dogs!
At 6:30 am on Sunday, Moose and Lacey were wide awake and ready to go for the day AGAIN (apparently these dogs have not heard of sleeping in on weekends!), went for breakfast with my mom and grandma, spent some more time playing with 2 never ending energetic dogs outside, painted some more until I ran out of paint, did some deep cleaning in the house (scrubbing floors, sinks, toilets, windows, vacuumed, and laundry), dropped Moose off at home, gave Lacey a bath, had dinner with my mom , got ready for Monday and headed straight to bed (mostly because I was in so much pain with my back I could no longer move)!!!

Whew! Today is Monday in which is the start to another hectic week ahead! At least CJ gets home tonight from his long weekend away in Reno!  

Picture of the room BEFORE paint (please excuse the mess!) The lighting is bad, but the walls are originally white

Walls are now tan! Almost done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment