Tuesday, March 11, 2014

19 Weeks

How far along? 19 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes. I can no longer button any of my pants. I either have to wrap a rubber band around the button (make a loop around the button and through the hole) or wear a belly band. The belly band covers my stomach & the top of the pants – It’s like a tight tank top minus the top part!
Sleep: Having some pretty crazy dreams! I would share them if I could remember all the details!
Best moment this week: Made it another full week without getting sick plus a couple days! I’m up to 10 days nausea free! Woo hoo!
Miss anything? Warm weather! The one day of 55 is such a teaser and am desperately hoping for more warmer days! I also miss my flatter stomach already. I know I have a long way to go to get that back, but now that the majority of the people know they are constantly staring at my stomach. Its almost like they expect it to grow while they stare!! What’s really awkward is me watching them stare. I wish I could hang a sign on my belly that says, “baby does not grow in the 5 minutes we have been talking, please stop staring!”
Movement:  Yes, but no crazy movement stories this past week.
Food cravings this week: Surprisingly none this week! I even went a week without French toast!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the smell of pizza & bumpy roads!
Gender: We find out this Friday!!!! OMG we are so excited! Hopefully baby will cooperate during the ultrasound so we can see what baby is and because we are having a gender party later that night!! CJ and I plus a few guests will all be finding out Friday night!
 Symptoms: Heartburn has started to kick in. I have never gotten heartburn before so this is new to me. I now carry Tums with me everywhere! They say that if a mother gets heartburn during pregnancy that her baby will be born with hair. I can’t help but daydream to think if baby will have brown hair like me or blond hair like CJ!
This week baby is the size of: a large heirloom tomato. I had to Google what this is because I have never seen a tomato bigger than the bell pepper, which was baby’s size last week. Apparently it’s a fairly large tomato!
Baby’s development this week:  Baby should be about 6 inches and weighs about 8 ½ ounces. Hair is starting to form on baby’s head (which probably explains the sudden onset of heartburn!) Research also suggests that baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch this week. Some may even argue that baby can start to hear my voice this week.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! My motivation has returned finally! It’s only been missing for 18 weeks!

Looking forward to: Friday!!! 
New baby items (purchased or received):  This is a new category that was suggested for me to add to the blog. I will share any new items that we have purchased or received.   

No comments:

Post a Comment