Wednesday, May 14, 2014

28 Weeks = 7 Months

How far along? 28 Weeks = 7 months!
Sleep: I’m starting to have a hard time getting out of bed!
Best moment this week: Got to see Parker on Friday May 9th! Another great moment this week is no more Placenta Previa!!! Woo hoo.   
Food cravings this week: Ice cream and sherbert. (Not together)
Belly button in or out? My belly button is still “In” but it definitely doesn’t look the same anymore.
Miss anything? Cutting grass! It’s weird that I miss this since we have to do it so often, but I do enjoy getting on the mower and cutting grass for a few hours.   
Gender: BOY!!! Parker Torosian
 Symptoms: Lots of movement!!
This week baby is the size of a: large Eggplant
Baby’s development this week: This week he is able to open and close his eyes for blinking.  He should measure to about 14.8 inches and weighs 2lbs 1/4oz.
New baby items (purchased or received):  Ordered the crib! Can’t wait to get it set up once it arrives!  I received a call this morning and the crib is in!! YAY Now to track down a carpenter who can help get it set up! Anyone know where I can find one?! J   
Feeling (Happy, Moody, other):  Getting really anxious!
Looking forward to: Getting the crib set up!
Other Things Going On:  What an eventful week this past week!! On May 9th CJ and I went in for my follow up ultrasound, where we received great news! My Placenta Previa has moved upwards no longer putting me at high risk for bed rest! The ultrasound person did a full scan of baby and everything is looking good and he is expected to weigh about 2lb 4oz. YAY! I also requested for one of those 4D ultrasounds, which will allow you to see actual facial and body parts. From looking at the picture, I think baby may have CJ’s mouth, the rest of the features are too hard to tell whose parts he has! He’s pretty snug in my belly, so when you see the picture that I posted, you will see half of his face, plus his left arm, and a foot up near his face. At one point he had both feet up by his face and was even sucking on a toe…I do not have a picture of that pose.



Saturday, May 10th, CJ and I attended an all day baby class. We learned the sings of labor, ways to cope with making labor more comfortable by being in different positions (laying on the side, rocking on an exercise ball, walking, etc), what to expect during the labor process, delivery, postpartum, and newborn care. The class was pretty helpful to both of us as there were things that we both did not know. I personally am a little scared of the labor and delivery process because I do not know what to expect. I learned that just because your water breaks, it does not mean you are in labor & you need to rush to the hospital. I also did not know that just because you are 10 CM dilated and are pushing, it does not mean that baby will be here in a couple of pushes, but could take up to a couple hours! I guess ‘in the movies’ they make it seem like once your water breaks, you are going to have a baby, and a couple of pushes they are here! By the end of the class I now feel a bit more prepared for any medical decisions CJ and I need to make once we get closer to Parker’s arrival.  

CJ and I also now have a new permanent resident in our house. Her name is Sasha and she is 1 year old, very sweet, loves to play with Lacey, and likes to snuggle. Yes, we now have a new furbaby in our house. Zach and Kaylee (CJ’s brother and sister in law) were blessed with Cooper’s arrival in late February this year, but it turns out they believe that Cooper may be allergic to Sasha. Since Grandma and Grandpa Torosian were in California visiting Cooper, they were easily able to bring Sasha back to WI with them. It’s been a bit of an adjustment having another dog in the home and learning each other’s routine, but each day seems to be getting a little easier. I have never had a little dog before so I am learning how to care for a dog that is 3x smaller than Lacey and have to be more conscious about where I’m stepping so I don’t accidentally step on her. Lucky for us Lacey has been a pretty good teacher so far in helping out  with the daily routines such as when to eat, when to go in the kennel, and when to go outside. Sasha was pretty skiddish of Lacey at first, but each day they both seem to get a bit more playful with each other. Lacey is all tuckered out from playing! 
 


This past Sunday I celebrated my first ‘semi official’ Mother’s Day this year. Other years I have just been a fur baby mom to Lacey! For Mother’s Day, CJ made me a wine rack made out of a wooden pallet to hang in our kitchen. I’ve been asking him to make one for me for quite a while. I’m excited that I finally got one even though I will not be enjoying any wine for a couple months yet.  Mine is a bit bigger, but I posted the “Pinterest” version as an example, plus mine has not been hung yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment