Friday, April 18, 2014

24 Weeks + Pictures + First Pregnancy Dream!

How far along? 24 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yes. I can no longer button any of my pants. Everyday I go to work with my pants unbuttoned haha! No one knows as I always have a shirt that covers the button. It’s probably time that I invest in some maternity work pants! I also have one pair of regular jeans that still fit comfortably. I am also starting to have to wean out and put away some of my tops as they are no longer fitting.
Sleep: Good in this area  
Best moment this week: Spending the past week with my mom in Florida soaking up some sunshine and warm weather!  I was also able to feel baby kick when placing my hand on my belly. CJ and my mom have tried several times to feel him, but he seems to stop when someone tries to feel him! What a stinker! (I hope that is not a sign of what his personality will be like!)
Movement:  Yes, lots over this past week. The books say they are most active between 24-28 weeks. So far this seems to be true
Food cravings this week: Strawberry pop-tarts
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new in this category!
Miss anything? Florida’s warm weather and sunshine! I am so over Wisconsin’s 30-50 degrees and snow in April!
Gender: BOY!!! Parker Torosian
 Symptoms: Lots of movement. Starting to get that pregnancy line on my belly. (Not sure what it is called, but it’s the one that is on the middle of my stomach by my belly button)  
This week baby is the size of a: ear of corn
Baby’s development this week: His brain is brain is growing and his taste buds are continuing to develop. He is also developing “branches” in his lungs to help him breathe on his own once he is born. He should measure to about 12 inches and about 1 1/3 pound.
New baby items (purchased or received):  None
Feeling (Happy, Moody, other):  A bit sad having to come back to reality after a nice vacation.
Looking forward to: Finishing painting Parker’s room. With me being sick and being out on vacation I have not done any more work on the room.

Other Things Going On: This week I finalized and booked a spot for Parker to attend daycare after my leave is done. He is expected to start attending mid to late October. We chose to go with a daycare in North Cape as we felt it is easily accessible for both CJ and I to pick up and drop off (or grandparents if needed). This was a tough decision for me as I debated about going to a better rated day care up in the Milwaukee area near my work but then it would not be easy for anyone else to drop off/pick up if for some reason I couldn’t. This was a huge “Check” off my to do list!

 Next up on my to do list is finding a primary care doctor as it is required to have one before we leave the hospital after Parker is born. This “project” as I like to call it, is another big dilemma that I am facing and currently I do not know what I should do. One option is to pick a physician up at Froedtert as that is where we are going to have guaranteed insurance coverage.  The con side of having a Froedtert physician is that there are none in the Racine area so I would need to stay in the Milwaukee area for appointments! That also means that I would basically have to take a day off of work for doctor appointments because it doesn’t make sense to be driving to Milwaukee for work, then leaving to come back to North Cape to pick him up to take him to his appointment in Milwaukee and then back home! While I am on maternity leave I would not mind driving up to Milwaukee for appointments because I would only have to be going up there once, but once leave is done it doesn’t make sense to be doing all that driving. My second option is to find a doctor that is closer to home in the Racine area so CJ or I can come from work, pick baby up, and then head to Racine for an appointment. If I stayed with option 2 that means I would need to call the insurance company to see what my out of network costs would be and if anyone has dealt with insurance before, you can guarantee that this will be a mess to try to figure out! I think I am leaning towards option 2 but am dragging my feet with calling insurance! 

Pictures were taken in Clearwater Beach. Clearwater is known for having amazing sunsets! 






















I had my first official pregnancy dream last night. I’ve always heard that once you are pregnant you will start to have dreams about being pregnant or having baby related dreams. Well I encountered my first one last night and it has me hoping that he doesn’t come too early!
Dream: At 29 weeks I ended up getting admitted to the hospital for a complication and ended up delivering Parker. The dream showed that he was healthy but very small since he was so early. Since he was so small he needed to stay at the hospital for a little while to be monitored.
…Next thing I knew it was time to go home and the nurse asked us where our car seat was. CJ responded that we didn’t have one yet because he was so early and just hadn’t gotten one yet. The nurse said that in order for us to go home CJ needed to go and get a car seat right away and to make sure he had a crib or somewhere to sleep once he was home. Of course we didn’t have any of those, so off to the store CJ went.
In the next scene, CJ comes bursting into the hospital room all breathless (must have been running to the room) saying that he grabbed the only car seat that the store had. Looking at the pink car seat I said, “really that was the only one?” The nurse replied, “Well that pink car seat will at least get you home.” So in the pink car seat we packed our baby and headed for home! Once we were home I asked CJ where baby was going to sleep since the bedroom was never finished and we didn’t have a crib. (The bedroom looked exactly how it does now – not fully painted and all of the furniture pushed to the center of the room in order to finish painting!) CJ said that he bought a crib when he was at the store picking out the car seat but had not yet set it up. I told him that we should get it set up so that he had somewhere to sleep. As he was putting up the crib, I said that I needed to go to the store to pick out other things that we needed such as bottles, clothes, diapers, and a swing! While I was in the store people commented on how tiny my ‘daughter’ was and I had to explain that baby was a boy but since he was so early we had not gotten a car seat yet and this pink one was the only one the store had!  Everyone seemed to stare at me puzzled because I had a boy in a pink car seat!

I woke up shortly after that. Kind of a silly dream to have, but I sure hope he doesn’t come at 29 weeks because we are not ready for him! The room is not finished and we only have a few packages of diapers, a couple outfits and a pack and play!                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment