Thursday, January 2, 2014

First Trimester – Weeks 4-13

First Trimester – Weeks 4-13

Since finding out we are expecting, we have been reading up on our “What to Expect” books to help prepare us for the next upcoming 9 months. 9 months just seems like an eternity from now, but I am sure it will go by fast. We have started to clean out the spare room which has served as a “store-all” room for the past 4 years.  I feel overwhelmed every time I walk into the spare room because there are so many things that we just never had the space to put those things in the first place and now I have to reorganize and find room anyways We will eventually have to find a new place to store things like our bed sheets, gift boxes, and sleeping bags as those are the type of things are stored in the spare room. We have also started to purchase our first of many boxes of diapers! We chose to go with Pampers – Swaddlers based on reviews by other moms.  We have also started to collect a few gender neutral onsies and a few books...I just couldn't help myself!!! Baby also has it's first packer onsies compliments of "Auntie Mandee!"

Everyone in the family and close friends now know that I am pregnant. The majority of the family and close friends found out between 7-9 weeks. CJ continues to tell everyone in sight about our news! I have told a few people at work. All of which are very excited! I get asked the same questions by everyone which include: When are you due, how are you feeling, are you excited, and what are you having, or hope to have? 

Here is a picture of when we told "Grandma and Grandpa Torosian." We took them out in mid December as a "birthday dinner" for both Chuck and Theresa. Little did they know we had a huge surprise for them! The onsie says pink or blue, baby's due August 2014!




Cravings: I have had a few cravings, but cravings for me are not so much as “oh my goodness, I NEED to have that,” it’s more around the “Oh that sounds good, I want that.” Typically once I have the food I am craving, the cravings normally go away. I have noticed that I get a craving after I see a tv add or some kind of food on Pinterest! I have not yet craved anything crazy that I have not eaten before or anything crazy like pickles with ice cream or big macs! I just read a post from an expecting mother who craved bagels & cream cheese with potato chips on top! Food that has sounded good to me so far are Krispy Kreme doughnuts, rice krispy treats, cupcakes, and Doritos - nacho cheese kind.

Feeling: At 6 weeks I started to feel pretty nauseous which seems to start around 5 pm and lasts all night. I occasionally will have some really bad days where I am sick all day. The doctor has prescribed an anti-nausea medicine called Zofran which has really helped with some of the nausea although I try not to take it all of the time. 

Baby: Throughout the first trimester baby has done some serious developing and growing. Although you can’t tell I am pregnant yet, baby has grown from the size of a poppy seed to the size of a peach. Baby has done the majority of its organ development by now and has fingers and toes. From here on out, baby’s organs and will continue to grow along with baby itself.



January 3, 2014


We had our first ultrasound at 9 weeks on January 3. It was so amazing to see this little bean that was bouncing around. We could see it’s heart beating and its arms and legs moving around. I cried as it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. CJ was ecstatic.  I have never seen him so happy before. Too bad I didn't think to sneak a picture of his reaction.  Maybe at the next ultrasound if I think about it.  Below is a picture of the first ultrasound picture! 




I am also including 2 pictures of my bump which is pretty nonexistent at 12 weeks. Baby was also the size of a lime at 12 weeks. 
  

                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment